Monday, August 6, 2012

Shhh... shh...


Jude had an allergic reaction on Saturday. We don’t know what caused it. He ate carrots for the first time, spent about an hour outside with me while I trimmed the trees. I brought him in and we showered then he took a 35 minute nap. I was making pizza dough and he got some flour on him, around that time he got swollen eyes, splotches and hives all over his face and neck, an extremely runny nose, and sneezing. Weird… it’s like a mix of an allergic reaction and hay fever. It was the most miserable I have ever seen him look. It was so heartbreaking!  We don’t think it was the carrots because it was not a systemic reaction and it didn’t occur for about 3 hours after he ate them. We don’t think it was due to being outside because he’s outside all the time and I didn’t notice anything while showering or putting him to bed. And it couldn’t be the flour because he eats mixed grain cereal full of flour every morning! Unless he is only topically allergic to flour? But that doesn’t make sense either because he always gets cereal all over him. So we don’t know. We have to be extra careful now because we never know if he could have another reaction to whatever it was, and it’s usually worse the second time around.


Other than that little hiccup, he is sitting up all the time and goes from sitting up to stomach to back to stomach to sitting up all on his own, he can scrawl (scoot crawl) his way all over the place. He has even started to stand up on his knees and pull himself up on things, which usually ends to him falling back on his head. :( He keeps me on my toes. He loves bath time and loves to splash splash and kick kick. He loves the neighbors swing, as of today. He loves to be outside. And he looves his Daddy! Dan makes him laugh soo much. He hardly has to do anything. It is adorable and warms my heart to the sun.



Well, I have been getting up with Jude 3-4 times a night and it's not as easy as it used to be. He has always slept in our room with us so I just hoist him up on the bed and we're done. Now I have to walk across the house and I usually end up falling asleep on the floor with Jude next to me. Jude ends up in our bed by morning and Dan wakes up at 6:45 so Jude wakes up, too. He has never woken up this early and is always really tired. I want him to sleep in his crib so he can sleep longer and everyone can sleep better! I called my cousin and asked her advice... she said to let him cry it out and not feed him to sleep for naps or bedtime. She said it will be really hard and I have to let him cry and after three nights hopefully he will be out of the habit. I know he is not waking up out of hunger but habit. So here we go on our next attempt at peaceful sleep. He's woken up three times already tonight and it's only 7:30 PM! Not a great start. 

Oh sigh. Wish me luck. Again...

No comments:

Post a Comment