Sunday, August 19, 2012

an introduction to sugar

I give Jude frozen ice pops to suck on, unopened obviously. He loves them because they slowly melt and I'm sure they feel good on those teething gums! The other day we were laying out on a blanket. I was reading my book and he was laying next to me quiet as can be just sucking on his ice pop. I was enthralled in my reading and it had been a few minutes since I had heard a peep from him so I looked over and he was blue! He had bit into the ice pop, which was melted, and had blue sugar water all over his mouth, face, and outfit. I'm sure he was loving it. I couldn't help but laugh and say "Judddee!!!" He looked at me with this guilty as charged smirk on his face. It was the funniest. I thought he'd be ruined after that, but luckily he still happily drinks lots of milk. I ran in to get the camera, came back out, and he had travelled all the way down the blanket and moved on to his book.



It stained his skin!

I bought some fresh apples, cooked them, and pureed them in my food mill for Jude's first taste of fruit. He was skeptical.




Dan and I both thought the applesauce was so sweet and he would just have a hay day, but he reacted like he does to everything else. Skepticism and a little gagging. But it's a step in the right direction. We can get him to eat maybe eight spoonfuls on a good day.


2 comments:

  1. I thought your blog was broken! Thank goodness you can still post. I was burnt out for a while but I'm getting it back into gear. You in those jeans (below) sooooo hawt!and every single face Jude is making in this post is to die for. The last one is my favorite I think. What a baby doll he is! Also- I love Dan's buzzzzzz. They're the best. I love when Mckay's hair is like that. So manly I think.
    How'd it go with the army for Dan btw? XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i LOVE that you just wrote "hawt!" totally made my day. megan needed some pictures for her portfolio so we had a little photoshoot with my jean locke items. :) so when did you start back at school? isn't he the most adorable when he's looking up at dan like "what are you going to feed me now?" i just can't even handle it to be honest. i think the buzz if pretty hot. reminds me of ashley's JP from the bachelorette. dan didn't get into the navy but he is applying again for this next year!! hopefullyyyy he gets it!!! if not, then i guess Heavenly Father has different plans for us. :) LOVEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUU and tell mckay c-o-n-g-r-a-t-s!!!!!!

      Delete