Thursday, February 13, 2014

Jude's birthday party... he's TWO!

We had a little party to celebrate Jude turning two. Our cutest friend Trace Martin was born December 13 so they are only two days apart so we had to celebrate together! It was probably the windiest day of the year, but we managed to have a great time!


We had yummy fruit and vegetable trays and played fishing! My dad hid behind the sheet and the kids would fish (with the broom) and my dad would hook on a snake. It was really cute. We used to always play that at my birthday parties growing up except we'd play over the shower curtain. :)




The man behind the curtain...





THIS CAKE... What can I even say about this cake. I procrastinated on it too much but it managed to work out. :) I made an entire cake's worth and since it had such a hard time sticking together I was able to carve out about one cupcakes worth. The rest was a crumbly mess. I honestly don't remember how I made it. (I think I've tried to block these things out...) I can tell you it had no dairy, eggs, wheat, soy, barley, rice, corn, potato, nuts, mustard, peas, or lentils. This was no easy task, I tell you!! Those sneaky ingredients make their way into about EVERYTHING. For the frosting, I used this recipe for Vegan Whipped Coconut Cream. It worked out fine but don't get your hopes up for a pretty, Pinterest-able cake. The piece below was the prettiest thing I could come up with! Anywho... Jude was anxious to try his cake and before we could get a fork his way, he had his way with the cake and just went for it!





And.... he liked it! I was the. happiest. mama.








The boys of honor shared a couple glasses of Martinelli's. CUTIES.





"CHTRUCK!!!"

"TIM!!"

Mimi and Papa surprised Jude with a brand new bike!

He was pretty excited about it. :)




Jude quickly became the envy of the kids (party-goers and the random, parent-less Islamic kids that joined our party).

The birthday boys exploring together...

the mama's



my happy family :)


smothering once again...


We love our little boy sooo much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment