Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh, America.

I feel defeated and sad for the Romneys. I am disappointed in our country, but looking back I couldn't expect too much out of them. There was just a spark of hope inside me that there was more desire for good out there. But the principles of righteousness are far away from the hearts of many Americans. The Second Coming will be near when the Constitution is "hanging by a thread," and with four more years of Obama we will be a lot closer to that.

I want to give Mitt a hug and tell him to go on a trip to some remote beach over the next month and just get away and relax. I'm so thankful for everything he has done and what a great example he has brought the world of what Mormons believe. And to everyone who is feeling depressed and considering moving to New Zealand right now... our country may seem to be in Obama's hands, but it is really in God's hands. And even though I'm scared for the future of our country and how it will affect my son and my husband's future career, I can still find hope in that. But really, Dan, should we just move to New Zealand?

“Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground, and when the Constitution is upon the brink of ruin, this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean, and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction.” Joseph Smith (found here)

2 comments:

  1. "Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail.

    This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the new Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.

    I plead with you NOT to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through."~ Harold B. Lee

    There is MUCH to optimistic about in regards to our country :) More things to be optimistic about than we could ever count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, thank you! I not feeling as depressed as I was at 2:48 am when I posted this. :) That is a wonderful quote!

      Delete