Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother/Queen.

I feel like a queen today. With all the attention on mothers, I feel empowered by the fact that I hold that title.
Although billions of women share this calling with me, it makes it no less revered or reverenced.


I am a mother.

I am honored to be called upon to raise two incredibly beautiful and special spirits and sons of GOD. Yes. Two sons of God have been entrusted to be raised under my care. What a blessing and a great responsibility!



Mary, the mother of Jesus, became a mother in the most humble and lowly of circumstances. It is only fitting that motherhood, although the most important calling one can hold, it often (dare I say always) under appreciated and certainly far from glamorous. Our days are filled with early morning and late nights, dirty diapers and dishes and floors, cries that only we can hush, and dry showers and dusty makeup. Yet they are also filled with sweet storytimes, slobbery little kisses, baby smiles, innocent, heartfelt laughs, and the most sincere and simple declarations of love.

To be a mother... there is nothing greater. I hold my motherhood deep in my heart and would trade it for nothing.




Also, I'm in a Mother's Day photo contest that ends tonight! I am neck and neck for the lead so please vote for me/have your friends & family vote for me, and share this photo!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment