Thursday, May 10, 2012

SNAKE

Just another day full of working in the yard when what did we see peeking it's little head out by the front door?

Oh,
just a snake.

A snake.

We stared at it for a minute and then it slithered back into it's home, which was actually our home. It lived right inside the outside of the house.

A few minutes later after Jude and I watched Dan working on the roof, we happily headed back towards the house when

HALT!

The snake was back. This time peeking out a little too far and a little too close to Jude and I. Dan scurried off to roof and quickly devised a plan to protect his family from the little rascal. Jude and I kept our distance. Before I knew it Dan has the FISKARS HEDGE CLIPPERS in his hands and he had them right above the head of the snake, still peeping out from the house.

....
...
...

Yes, he would.
...
...
...
He said not to look but I couldn't. It was like Lot's wife looking at Babylon. Before I could turn away,

SLICE of the Fiskars.

OFF with the snake's head.

Traumatized is an understatement here. I let out a blood-curtailing squeel, grasped my sweet little child and ran up the hill far away.

The snake was slithering away, headless. I guess they do that. Dan got the whole body out of the house. And that's that. I think that was more details than anyone cared to know. It was more than I cared to share.


Check out that outfit...


There are a lot of creatures and creepy crawlies and who-knows-what-else around here. We kinda live in the country. It's the greatest.


Exhausted after a long day!

1 comment:

  1. Rachael-
    Jude is so sweet & so cute! What a darling little guy you have. Wish Nicki & Mckay would get on the cute baby making band wagon! XO

    ReplyDelete