Wednesday, January 18, 2012

swinging serenity

My baby has fallen asleep not once, not twice, but three times in his swing in the past two days. W. Oah. That's progress. Major progress. He is becoming so much more aware of his surroundings. The other day he actually noticed the little plush toys that hang from his swing and twirl. He was like... Hmm, what are those? Maybe this swing isn't so bad.

I mostly have his father to thank for this. When I get him to sleep I rock him for approximately... thirty minutes. Or forty. Or fifty. Or however long it takes for him to fall completely asleep. That makes for one extremely fatigued forearm and one tired mama (shh'ing turns out to be very soothing and makes me sleepy!)

When Dan gets him to sleep, he rocks him for about 50 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes and then gets tired and puts him in the swing. I wouldn't even dare such an ambitious task for fear of him waking up, fussing, crying, and then having to start all over (which does happen occasionally). These past few days when he has put him in his swing... he falls asleep! And coos! And appears to be in complete serenity. I am now trying to be more ambitious myself and put him in the swing more readily. 

Alright, nap time!

2 comments: