Saturday, April 27, 2013

an anniversary to out-do all those past.

4.11.13 was our happy little four year anniversary.

Four years?!?

With everything that has happened it four years it feels like decades more to me. I can only imagine the insanity the future will bring!!!! We have moved from Rexburg, ID to Tuscaloosa, AL to Boiling Springs, SC and now are shortly putting our house up for sale (wait, didn't we just move in?) for another move! Oh, boy! I got my nursing license, worked for a few years as a nurse, and got my Bachelor's degree. Dan got his Bachelor's degree, went to Medical School for a little test-drive, and now we are off to Optometry School! And our biggest accomplishment yet... we added another little one to our family. The most precious little Jude James Mulder on this earth.

Our relationship has, too, had its "moves." We have learned so much about ourselves, each other, relationships, loving, forgiveness, serving, and everything life likes to teach two naive little kids in love. We have made it through everything, becoming stronger and continually striving to love each other more and more every day and remember that our marriage relationship is the most important one we have, besides our relationship with God. 

Dan knew I'd been having a hard time with everything lately so he went above and beyond to brighten my spirits. And he did!

Started out with a beautiful bouquet of flowers to wake up to...



The day before he had told me I needed to be ready at 12:00 for a surprise. I racked my brain and thought maybe the dream of my soul's eternal duration was coming true and that he may be getting me a massage (like, a professional one). Then he told me Jude was coming... I love for my Jude to come everywhere with me but I knew that quickly made a massage out of the question. I thought we were going to go to the zoo or something! Dan had work the night before so he would be sleeping at this time. The morning of came and it was time to spill the surprise...

For the sake of truly capturing my excitement I will post these pictures... and to make you all feel a little bit better about yourselves...

Waiting for the okay to pull up the internet browser... the anticipation was pretty much explosive.


And the surprise is revealed!!
My dream came true. One hour full-body massage at Massage Envy. Jude didn't come after all. It was a very tricky decoy. My therapist recommended that I come again in two weeks and then monthly afterwards. Do you think my insurance will cover that?!

Nighttime came and we went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Shout outs to the people who made it happen: Mom and Dad Mulder for financing the whole outing and Meghan for "watching" Jude while he slept! Our rekindled love is forever indebted to you! (It had been too long since we'd gone out anywhere together.) We had some blurry picture issues all night, bear with us.





My sweet baby surprised me with a little BF note. :)




I felt like a creeper when he looked over at me and I nodded like we had just agreed to begin our top-secret mission. Self-induced awkward moment. 

I was reaching in my purse and literally just happened to find the nametags from our wedding luncheon!



I love my husband. Our relationship is not perfect, but it's perfect for us and we work at it every day.

I LOVE YOU DANNY!!! LET'S DO THIS!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment